Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web server managed by a website hosting company. There are various types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a peek at these. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to have a web portal, e-mail aliases, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some file storage providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the tasks at hand between autonomous stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a large quantity of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email aliases. Some suppliers provide hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you desire to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a website. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and electronic mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At ZBest Hosting, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific web content solely.